The Flybook is one sexy little connected beast!
I’ve just seen the sexiest, most connected little notebook (3G/WiFi/GPRS/Bluetooth) called a Flybook. It’s manufactured by Dialogue and is a full featured notebook that runs Windows XP, but also utilises tablet PC features.
It has built in 3G (UMTS) giving it mobile voice & data functionality that can make and recieve voice calls using the installed BVRP software.
It is a very well made & solid feeling notebook considering it is around 1Kg in weight and has the following specs:
- Processor – Transmeta Crusoe TM-5800, clock rate:1GHz
- Graphic Chipset – ATi Radeon Mobolity – 16MB VRAM – Support VGA-out and Video-out
- Main Memory – 512MB DDR (to 1.5Gb)
- Display – 8.9" wide-view 16:9 display
- Touch Panel overlaid for full screen touch control
- PC Card Interface – Support PCMCIA Cardbus Type-I/III
- Hard Disk – 2.5" Ultra DMA 66/100; 40 GB (to 100Gb)
- Bluetooth Version 1.1
- Built-in GPRS/UMTS
- Wireless LAN(WiFi) – 802.11b
- Built-in Modem (56K) (RJ-11)
- Built-in LAN (10/100Mbps) (RJ-45)
- Audio – AC 97; built-in two speakers (stereo)
- Keyboard – 80-key standard keyboard
- Battery – 3-cell Li-Ion rechargeable battery
- Operating System – Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Professional Edition
- Dimensions:235 x 155 x 31 (mm)
- Weight around 1230g
- External Power – 100~240V / 50-60 Hz
Supposedly there is a optional CD/DVD burner too.
It’s recommend retail in Australia will be AUS$3400 and anything that comes in red wins my vote!
There’s a more detailed review @ Handtops.com.
Contact details for Australian Flybook email@example.com